v3.0 Discussion/Suggestions | Annotation Jukebox

v3.0 Discussion/Suggestions

Home Forums General Discussion v3.0 Discussion/Suggestions

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Annotation Jukebox Annotation Jukebox 9 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Suggest Features and Design Elements for v3.0 of the design.

Current Suggestions:
    Album View (preview coming soon)
    DreamWorks Song Collection (DWSC)

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish. - Steve Jobs

Sophia Singh
    Participant

Hi!

Great Work on the Previous Walt Disney Song collections. they were simply amazing and I appreciate all your AMAZING efforts! :)

If you plan to make a version 3.0 maybe you could add the orchestral songs (scores) also used in the movies? Such as ‘King of Pride Rock’ and ‘This Land’ from the Lion King?

I dont know…Just a suggestion! And maybe you could use the same idea for Walt Disney but with other industries? Like Dreamworks Studios (a Dreamworks Song Collection???) and Others? I thought it might be a nice idea for future videos of yours, since you have been making really good ones :)

Hi!

Great Work on the Previous Walt Disney Song collections. they were simply amazing and I appreciate all your AMAZING efforts! :)

If you plan to make a version 3.0 maybe you could add the orchestral songs (scores) also used in the movies? Such as ‘King of Pride Rock’ and ‘This Land’ from the Lion King?

I dont know…Just a suggestion! And maybe you could use the same idea for Walt Disney but with other industries? Like Dreamworks Studios (a Dreamworks Song Collection???) and Others? I thought it might be a nice idea for future videos of yours, since you have been making really good ones :)

I think an instrumental version would be absolutely amazing. “King of Pride Rock” is played during the credits currently. *Starts to listen to DreamWorks Songs and cries* I might do something with v3.0 of the design; I’ll post some shots of v3.0 soon. I thought of doing a DreamWorks collection a long time ago… :)

v3.0 Suggestion v3.0 Song Interface

Sir Laughsalot
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Annotation Jukebox wrote:</div>v3.0 Suggestion v3.0 Song Interface

I have a mixed bag on this. While i like the more sleek, clean look i don’t like that the writing and pictures are black and the backround is white. What made everything pop and noticeable in v2.0 was the white writing against a black backround. Maybe you should do something about the colors?

I also think you should put lines on both sides of the progress bar and skip buttons to give more sense of separation.

The “Buy Now” i think should be a tad lower.

You should put a square around the annotation that leads you back to the song list.

And make sure to separate those paragraphs in the lyrics.

It also looks a little too similar to v2.0. Maybe move some other things around?

Otherwise, i like it’s simplistic and clean design. It will be a worthy successor to v2.0.

And also, did you just start on this, and because you have so much experience now, will this be a shorter process?

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Annotation Jukebox wrote:</div>v3.0 Suggestion v3.0 Song Interface

I have a mixed bag on this. While i like the more sleek, clean look i don’t like that the writing and pictures are black and the backround is white. What made everything pop and noticeable in v2.0 was the white writing against a black backround. Maybe you should do something about the colors?

I also think you should put lines on both sides of the progress bar and skip buttons to give more sense of separation.

The “Buy Now” i think should be a tad lower.

You should put a square around the annotation that leads you back to the song list.

And make sure to separate those paragraphs in the lyrics.

It also looks a little too similar to v2.0. Maybe move some other things around?

Otherwise, i like it’s simplistic and clean design. It will be a worthy successor to v2.0.

And also, did you just start on this, and because you have so much experience now, will this be a shorter process?

This is just the design aesthetic, I want many more features to be added and to take into account more suggestions. v2.0 had an Apple “Linen” texture, due to limits in bit-rate, it would sometimes “fuzz” up. The lyrics will obviously be bigger, and I want move things around. Feel free to give me a design, this is just something I did in 30 min :) All of the annotations have already been created. Thanks for all of the suggestions and again, please suggest some features I may add. Thanks!

NinetyFour
    NinetyFour
    Participant

This is more feature than design, but I’d really love some way to go back to the section of the menu that the current song is in rather than to the very beginning every time.
    This could be done in a second button or just use the current menu button for it as well.

- All for the numbers! \#.#/

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>NinetyFour wrote:</div>This is more feature than design, but I’d really love some way to go back to the section of the menu that the current song is in rather than to the very beginning every time.<br>
    This could be done in a second button or just use the current menu button for it as well.

That’s a simple change that I have been meaning to add for some time now. I’ll add it today or tomorrow, thanks!

Edit: Implemented your suggestion just now on WDSC v2.0

SerenityVerdant
    Participant

Hi! New here… But one thing I will say is that there are a few instances where lyrics are wrong and the song “Dig a tunnel” from TLK 1 1/2, the lyrics stop moving half way through the song. Dunno if anyone’s informed you of that.

Hi! New here… But one thing I will say is that there are a few instances where lyrics are wrong and the song “Dig a tunnel” from TLK 1 1/2, the lyrics stop moving half way through the song. Dunno if anyone’s informed you of that.

Welcome! Also, I know that there are a couple songs where I made human errors when key-framing the lyrics, I’ll fix these. There was a one month beta testing period that fixed many errors in the video, obviously, that song was overlooked. Right now I’m creating a shuffle function for the video anyways.

SerenityVerdant
    Participant

I meant no offense by it. I just thought that maybe you had not been informed. Good luck on the shuffle function.

I meant no offense by it. I just thought that maybe you had not been informed. Good luck on the shuffle function.

No offense taken at all :)

vanna29
    Participant

Hi! First of all, I want to tell you THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!! I love the Disney collections you made! Here are some suggestions I have for v 3.0 (sorry if you already saw this, I posted on your YouTube channel before I realized you had a whole website):
    - Options to either exclude certain songs or to have a way for only certain chosen favorite songs to automatically play (I like to listen while doing homework but some songs are simply too distracting/ones I don’t particular care for)
    -Songs from
    Enchanted – So Close, How Does She Know, True Love’s Kiss
    Tangled – Kingdom Dance, I See the Light
    I saw on the Facebook page there were copyright issues for “Go the Distance” from Hercules…does this mean it can’t ever be part of any future collections? :( I really like that song. Why is it that Disney is strict about certain songs?
    Anyways, thanks again a bunch for your FANTASTIC work!
    Highest regards,
    vanna29

Hi! First of all, I want to tell you THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!! I love the Disney collections you made!

Thanks!

Here are some suggestions I have for v 3.0 (sorry if you already saw this, I posted on your YouTube channel before I realized you had a whole website):
    - Options to either exclude certain songs or to have a way for only certain chosen favorite songs to automatically play (I like to listen while doing homework but some songs are simply too distracting/ones I don’t particular care for)

I believe I remember your suggestion and have planned to implement the features mentioned in Jukebox+. I will create a method to allow you to create your own list order (remove songs, reorder songs etc…) that will be saved in the cache of your browser so that it never goes away (unless you reset it :)). Also, favourites will be implemented along with this. So, now that Shuffle and the progress bar are done (annotationjukebox.com/wdsc+), I will start working on these features with no ETA. They might be introduced with v3.0 or added to the current Jukebox+.

-Songs from
    Enchanted – So Close, How Does She Know, True Love’s Kiss
    Tangled – Kingdom Dance, I See the Light

All songs are subject to copyright rules, I have noted the songs you have suggested and will see whether I include them or not.

I saw on the Facebook page there were copyright issues for “Go the Distance” from Hercules…does this mean it can’t ever be part of any future collections? :( I really like that song. Why is it that Disney is strict about certain songs?
    Anyways, thanks again a bunch for your FANTASTIC work!
    Highest regards,
    vanna29

Song policies change all the time, there is no way for me to predict them (sometimes). WDSC v2.5 is meant to be available for a short period of time until v3.0 comes and introduces features. Youtube’s copyright system (Content ID) is extremely corrupt with “copyright holders” claiming songs they don’t even own, such as some recent German song claims. I check each song regularly and I know that once the claims update, the videos using that content will be blocked in many regions. Thanks for the questions/suggestions!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in